Yes, the Ace of Base song is a mixture of catchy and annoying, but the first part of the chorus is quite relevant to success – in life and in business.
I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign.
If nobody knows about your business, does it exist? If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound? The answer is yes to both. The real question is does it matter?
For your business, it matters a lot. If nobody knows that you exist, your business will suffer. You will not be able to keep the doors open and they eventually will close for good. As far as the tree, I guess it matters what made the tree fall and what will happen to it next – kind of like your business.
Let’s focus on your business. If you’re a retailer, people need to see a sign. If they do not know you exist, they will not stop in. If you are lucky enough to get them in the door, they need signs to explain your products and services. Open their eyes to the quality of your goods. Signs can help you with that.
If you drove by what appears to be a storefront or business, but you had no idea what the name was, what services it provides or even where to enter – would you take the time to find out? Probably not.
People want easy. Easy to find. Easy to navigate. Easy to understand the products and services a business provides. It’s simple, really. You have 10 seconds to grab someone’s attention. You do not want to make them guess. Give people the information they need, right away to make a well-informed decision to come into your business. Once inside, give them the directions they need to stay in the store and entice them to make a purchase.
The more confused a person gets, the more likely they will be to go to your competitor. You can have the best products and services, the best staff, fantastic customer service, but if you don’t get people through the door and get them to stay, all of your hard work is wasted.
- Keep it Simple. Logo, name, services/products, specials and directions. Let people know who you are and what you are offering, without keeping them guessing.
- Make it Stand Out. You’re spending the money on signage, make it count. Don’t be outlandish. Be authentic and true to your brand. Don’t put brown lettering on a brown wall. Use your colors.
- Use High-Quality Products. Your signage is an investment. Using high-quality materials and choosing an expert team to install your signage will ensure that your investment will last longer. Be sure to provide routine maintenance on your sign. Maintenance is less expensive than a full replacement.
- Choose the Right Sign. If your business is off the beaten path, a monument sign near the street will help passersby know where you are. If you are a business in a strip mall, use window graphics to stand out from your neighbors. If you are a business within a large office building, make sure you have directional signs leading your customers and potential customers to your front door.
- Hire an Expert Team. You have enough to worry about. Hire a sign company that has a proven track record for high-quality work and customer service. You deserve to have a team working hard for the best interest of your business.
Don’t be the tree in the forest that doesn’t make a sound. Be the business that stands out…with quality signs and graphics. After all, when people see the sign, it will open up their eyes…and hopefully their pocketbooks.
For all of your sign and graphics needs, contact Forerunner Signs & Graphics. Our experienced staff will work with you to get the signage you need at the price you can afford. www.forerunnersigns.com